Recruiter Contact Information
Become a part of our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Therapeutic Mentor in the In-Home Therapy program at Behavioral Health Network! As a Therapeutic Mentor in Westfield, MA, you will be offering structured one-to-one structured one-to-one strength-based services to referred child and youth in natural community-based settings. Therapeutic Mentors participate in the Care Planning Team (CPT) meetings for youth enrolled in Intensive Care Coordination and works with the children’s behavioral health providers to support the goals of the service.
Working directly with the youth, Therapeutic Mentors coach and support them in expressing themselves in CPT meetings and teach social skills, anger management, and other behavior management skills to the youth. Continued and efficient documentation of youth interaction and contact with providers regarding the youth’s progress are essential in this position. Finally, Therapeutic Mentors maintain a direct service productivity 72.5% of available time.
In-Home Therapy works with families with a child or teen with behavioral issues to help to resolve conflicts, develop new routines, set limits and find community resources. We offer intensive and flexible services such as family therapy, therapeutic training and support, care coordination and others, in any setting where the youth is naturally located to meet the needs of families.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
Therapeutic Mentors at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:
- Demonstrates working knowledge of community resources and how to help clients access them.
- Good communication skills.
- Interest in helping others.
- Ability to create and implement strategies to facilitate achievement of agreed-upon goals.
- Previous experience working with children with Serious Emotional Disturbance.
- Bachelor’s degree and one (1) year experience working with target population.
- OR Associates’ degree, high school diploma, or GED and two (2) years experience working with target populatio