Recruiter Contact Information
Are you ready to change the summer experience for youth this year? Then join us for our Urban Youth Collaborative Program Kamp for Kids located in Westfield, MA
- Provide Medication Administration to campers.
- Provide general first-aid to campers
- Provide services for campers with existing medical conditions.
- Review required Department of Public Health documents.
- Document interactions with campers and families.
Kamp for Kids brings together children, ages 3-22 with and without disabilities in a unique integrated model that promotes understanding and growth. The Kamp experience includes art, health, nature, and other inclusive fun activities. As a fully inclusive summer camp, Kamp for Kids’ mission is to serve a population of children with disabilities and their typically developing peers.
Who are we?
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
Reasons to work with BHN:
- Work with an agency who does amazing things for others
- You will be able to change a person’s life
- You will expand your experience in various areas of mental & behavioral health
- You will have the opportunity to grow within the agency
- You will not be bored with our fast-paced environment
- You will have excellent benefits package & time off benefits available
Camp Nurses at Behavioral Health Network have the following.
- Minimum of a Massachusetts Licensed Practicing Nurse (LPN) (License required)
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development and how to provide services in a child-centered context.
- Has a broad knowledge of mental illness and/or intellectual disabilities, physical disabilities, medical conditions, and/or treatment techniques
- Able to adapt to a variety of settings and provide activities to the individual according
- Is familiar with and provides services within parameters of DPH regulations
- Provides services with knowledge, respect, and empathy for all developmental and cognitive levels.
- Maintains open lines of communication toward comprehensive and effective treatment
- In accordance with the BHN Mandatory COVID vaccine policy - all staff, interns, temps, residents and contractors are required to be fully vaccinated no later than day one of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be offered and must be approved prior to starting work.
- The same guidelines noted above apply during flu season (defined as December 1st – through end of flu season as announced by the CDC) for BHN’s Mandatory Influenza Vaccine policy.
- Additionally, BHN is a Tobacco Free workplace. All Staff, interns, temps, residents and contractors agree not to smell of or use Tobacco or ENDS products while on paid work time or within sight of any BHN facility.