Recruiter Contact Information
Join our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Registered Nurse in the Unity Place South program at Behavioral Health Network!
Your experience, knowledge and great skills will support the Unity Place South program with the following:
- Providing direct care within the scope of practice to implement patients’ plans of care properly.
- Monitoring physical and psychiatric medication self-administration and residents’ health and milieu staff who oversee medication self-administration.
- Administering all detoxification medications in accordance with established protocols and orders.
- Providing individuals served with education regarding their illness, problems, treatment and prognosis.
- Collecting data related to individual served status and needs.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of individuals served information at all times in accordance with 42 CFR.
Who are we?
Unity Place South at BHN, a 16-bed co-ed program in Springfield, MA, provides residential rehabilitation services to individuals suffering from addiction and mental illness. At Unity Place South, staff empower those we serve to be in the ‘driver’s seat’ of their lives and clearly define their needs, wants, hopes and dreams. We deeply support and encourage the pursuit of our individuals’ development of autonomy, self-esteem, and involvement in their own care.
What are we looking for in a Registered Nurse?
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Nursing (required).
- Current Nursing License by the Massachusetts Board of Registration as a Registered Nurse (required).
- At least one year of nursing experience (preferred).
- Bilingual in Spanish & English (preferred).
- Proficiency in applying the nursing process to individuals served and their families.
- Ability to collaborate with other caregivers.
- Ability to delegate to peers and other caregivers consistent with their level of expertise.
- Knowledge of utilization and review standards and implementation.
- Ability to advocate for individuals served.
- Ability to understand, empathize and work with an addicted population, including those with co-occurring disorders.
- Working knowledge of ethics and legal parameters of working with substance abuse individuals.
- Knowledge of quality assurance standards and CARF standards.