Location(s)Holyoke Springfield Greenfield Dorchester
Recruiter Contact Information
Join our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Recovery Specialist in the BHN Phoenix House Springfield Center program at Behavioral Health Network!
Your experience, knowledge and great skills will support the BHN Phoenix House Springfield Center program with the following:
- Providing direct services and ensure the well-being of consumers.
- Overseeing client activities, produce accurate and timely documentation, and are responsible for food shopping.
- Providing crisis intervention and emergency services, as needed.
- Transporting clients in their own registered and insured vehicle or program van.
- Adhering to regulations and requirements of licensing and funding sources.
Who are we?
BHN Springfield Center provides residential substance use treatment for men and women. The diverse experienced team at Springfield Center provides a variety of services including individual and group counseling, therapy and psycho-educational groups, individualized treatments plans, and medical and mental health referrals, among others. Our goal is to provide a safe and sober living environment to allow residents to work together in an atmosphere of recovery.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families, and communities in Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
Reasons to work with BHN:
- Work with an agency who does amazing things for others
- You will be able to change a person’s life
- You will expand your experience in various areas of mental & behavioral health
- You will have the opportunity to grow within the agency
- You will not be bored with our fast-paced environment
- You will have excellent benefits package & time off benefits available
What are we looking for in a Recovery Specialist?
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent (required).
- One year of experience in substance abuse treatment environment (required).
- Knowledge of DPH Bureau of Substance Abuse Regulations.
- Commitment to client empowerment, human rights, and community integration.
- Valid driver’s license (required).
- In successful recovery for two or more years, if applicable (required).
In accordance with the BHN Mandatory COVID vaccine policy - all staff, interns, temps, residents and contractors are required to be fully vaccinated no later than day one of employment. Medical or religious exemptions will be offered and must be approved prior to starting work.
The same guidelines noted above apply during flu season (defined as December 1st – through end of flu season as announced by the CDC) for BHN’s Mandatory Influenza Vaccine policy.
Additionally, BHN is a Tobacco Free workplace. All Staff, interns, temps, residents and contractors agree not to smell of or use Tobacco or ENDS products while on paid work time or within sight of any BHN facility.