Become a part of our team of competent and compassionate professionals as an Overnight Shift Counselor in the Crisis Stabilization program at Behavioral Health Network! Overnight Shift Counselors provide high quality community-based care to individuals served by identifying, supporting, and communicating their needs and developing and implementing appropriate behavior plans. They provide for the daily needs of those served in the program and ensure the safety and organization of the unit. Overnight Shift Counselors work on the admission of individuals in the unit, completing all necessary paperwork and documenting progress and results during their stay.
The Crisis Stabilization Unit is a safe, supervised, 13-bed therapeutic environment. Individuals served are provided medical evaluations, groups, and one-on-one meetings.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
Recruiter Contact Information
Overnight Shift Counselors at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:
- Bachelor’s Degree (required).
- 1 year experience in a human service field or equivalent experience with a psychiatric population.
- Knowledge of the chronic mentally ill population.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (preferred).
- Interviewing skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and to follow through on individual tasks.
- Ability to relate and establish support with psychiatric individuals, family members and service providers.
- Good observation and documentation skills.
- High motivation to work with the mentally ill population.