Recruiter Contact Information
Anivi Rodriguez Escobar
Use your experience working with medical records and HIPAA with the Quality Department at BHN!
Become a part of our team of competent and collaborative professionals as the Medical Records Supervisor in the Quality department at Behavioral Health Network! The Medical Records Supervisor coordinates and directs the medical record staff functions at BHN sites. They oversee the workflow, training, standardization, and documentation of consents and authorizations for exchanging healthcare information. They ensure that records are stored in a standardized and organized way, manage special requests for information releases and supervise the tracking and data entry of non-consenting authorizations. Additionally, they review and manage the purging of paper records when needed and act as a Keeper of Records when bringing records to Court Hearings.
The Medical Records Supervisor supports the audits of information by managing access to records by auditors, accrediting bodies and insurance reviewers. They ensure that records are maintained in compliance with HIPAA Privacy rules, making certain that staff exchange medical record information in a compliant manner with active authorizations and consent forms. Consulting with program staff, the Medical Records Supervisor helps develop Corrective Action Plans in response to non-compliant findings and assist with its implementation, including training staff as needed. Additionally, the Medical Records Supervisor oversees requests for SSI documentation, supports the electronic exchange of medical record information with providers and focuses on quality assurance and improvement in the medical record workflows.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
The Medical Records Supervisor at Behavioral Health Network has the following qualities:
- Strong knowledge of regulations governing HIPAA, HITECH, 42 CFR, Part II and other consent and release of information needs (required).
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and email systems (required).
- Understanding of the importance of information to inform system change (required).
- Detail-oriented (required).
- At least five years experience in medical or behavioral health records (required).
- Medical Records certification, such as Certified Electronic Health Records Specialists (CEHRS) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) (preferred).
- Associate’s Degree (required); Bachelor’s Degree (preferred).
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable car available for working hours (required).