Recruiter Contact Information
***This position offers a $2500 referral bonus***
Join our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Forensic Psychologist in the Adult Court Clinic program at Behavioral Health Network! Applicants must be licensed to practice psychology in Massachusetts.
Your experience, knowledge and great skills will support the Adult Court Clinic program with the following:
- Providing evaluation and consultation services to the trial courts in and around the greater Springfield area.
- Completing court-ordered evaluations of competence to stand trial, criminal responsibility, aid in sentencing, and prisoner in need of treatment.
- Completing emergency evaluations for involuntary psychiatric and substance use treatment.
- Testifying before the court, and consulting with various stakeholders (e.g., judges, attorneys, probation officers, jail mental health staff) about the disposition of persons before the court with mental health and substance abuse issues.
- Receiving on-the-job training and supervision toward state credentialing as a Designated Forensic Professional.
Who are we?
BHN’s Adult Court Clinic program consists of a multi-disciplinary professional team. They are approachable, collaborative, cohesive, down to earth, knowledgeable, and supportive colleagues. Team members are highly motivated, independent, and demonstrate exceptional organizational and clinical skills. They are well-respected in the courts in which they serve.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities..
BHN maintains its commitment to social justice and diversity and strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.
What are we looking for in a Forensic Psychologist?
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Psychology (required).
- Licensed as a Psychologist in Massachusetts (required).
- At least 1 year of experience working with severely mentally ill population (required).
- Strong assessment and writing skills.
- Genuine desire to be a team player.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (preferred)