Recruiter Contact Information
Anivi Rodriguez Escobar
Become a part of our team of competent and compassionate professionals as a Forensic Social Worker (LICSW) in the Western Massachusetts Adult Court Clinic program at Behavioral Health Network!
Forensic Social Workers provide court-ordered evaluations for involuntary civil commitment for substance abuse and/or psychiatric treatment, and perform aid-in-sentencing evaluations as requested by probation or attorneys. In addition, they provide testimony to the courts, as needed, and consult with various stakeholders (judges, attorneys, probation officers, jail mental health staff, and community treatment providers) about mental health issues and the disposition of mentally ill defendants.
The Adult Court Clinic team provides court ordered evaluations in the District and Superior Courts in the four counties of Western Massachusetts. Members of the Adult Court Clinic team are collaborative, knowledgeable and supportive, and are well respected in the courts they serve.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
Forensic Social Workers at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualifications:
- Master’s in Social Work (required).
- Licensure as an LICSW in Massachusetts (required).
- At least one year experience working with adults with severe mental illness and/or substance use disorders (required).
- Strong assessment, writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills (required).
- Comfortable working in criminal justice settings (required).
- Highly motivated and independent (required).
- Exceptional organizational and clinical skills (required).
- Valid driver's license and the ability to travel for work (required).
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (preferred).