The responsibilities of the Direct Care – Outreach Support Specialist are as follows:
Provides direct services that support growth, promote independence, and ensure safety of adults with intellectual disabilities living independently in the community.
- Assists individuals with household management tasks such as sorting mail, paying bills, organizing appointments, communicating with landlords, and completing household chores.
- Assists individuals with maintaining optimal health by ensuring routine and medical care as needed, encouraging compliance with treatment recommendations, and supporting access to community providers.
- Provides opportunities for community integration and social support.
- Implements strategies for achieving support plan goals.
- Promotes individuals’ abilities to live independently in the community.
Provides indirect services that document and support the provision of direct services to person served.
- Completes service notes and other required documentation in a thorough and timely manner.
- Effectively communicates with case managers regarding individuals’ service needs.
- Provides safe and timely transportation in own vehicle.
- Attends in-services, meetings, and trainings as assigned and scheduled
- Keeps mandatory trainings up to date.
- Recognizes and immediately reports housing, health, or other safety concerns to supervisor.
- Maintains employee access to all required BHN electronic systems.
Funded by Department of Developmental Services (DDS), the Individual & Community Living Supports program at BHN provides hourly supports to adults with developmental or intellectual disabilities living on their own in the community. The ultimate goal is to help the individual live on their own safely and be as productive in the community as their skills allow them to be.
Recruiter Contact Information
Direct Care – Outreach Support Specialists at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:
- Commitment to empowerment and growth, human rights, and community integration of persons served (required).
- Minimum of six months experience in human services (preferred).
- High school diploma or G.E.D. (required).
- Valid driver's license and a reliable car available for working hours (required).
- Proficiency with written and oral communication (required).
- Familiarity with computers (preferred).
- Training is provided by BHN